Note: I have been collecting these ideas slowly over some years by speaking to Muslim women and watching how some Muslim families and the Canadian society have been working together to oppress the Muslim women─some of them offer us victim blaming but appear “accepting” and “loving” in the mosques or inside their communities. I once saved three young Muslim women from domestic abuse and abuse by unknown males; and I escaped a kidnapping attempt by two Black males by frightening them with my cellphone. As you read the rest of this article, know that none of this is fabricated in any way. I learned about the basic idea for the “Buddy System” through a lawyer and started a volunteer group on my own. This group is very small, and it lacks resources and manpower; this is why I am choosing to work only with those victims of abuse who are safe towards me. Some victims of abuse temporarily exhibit very psychotic tendencies, which is why I am careful about whom I should be working with.
Also, note that the Canadian media mostly hires White people so that the other side of the story or correct representation of the facts─the entire story of the Muslims or the colored people as it takes place under the veil of “diversity”─may remain missing. One example of this queer phenomenon is when we read about a Muslim who looted a bank, but we are never told that that individual had PTSD or Stockholm Syndrome and he/she needed psychiatric assistance not jail. You will find lots of such stories online because the mainstream media creates and sells lies. Canadian media is an excellent of the White Saviour Complex where the commentary is provided only to appear good and to uproot and abuse families and communities instead of helping them safely handle chronic societal issues that are there due to ongoing neglect. Journalism and Politics work together, and we all know that some people who indulge in Politics a lot are great at narcissism. They are parenting us like we are children, which is why we aren’t allowed to thoroughly communicate by using the mainstream media. This is why I believe that the Canadian Muslim community needs to be treated for the scary side effects of being constantly gaslighted and mistreated through narcissism.
I have been talking to a couple of Canadian Muslim women who have been suffering from extreme abuse that’s inflicted on them by the Muslim men and their families. So I completed some investigation on my own and found out other similar cases in the community and online. Here is a list of articles that tells you the kind of things that are going on inside the Canadian Muslim community, and it indicates some of the abusive gang dynamics and culture that are being offered by the Canadian society:
- Canadian Muslim Leaders and Charities: Muslim charity squandered money for poor. (I know this is true because I have experienced something very odd. Once, I called a Canadian masjid asking for help for an abused woman, and their Imam only offered advice but there was no discussion about monetary assistance. What was that? The Imam did not knew how to change the topics properly or how to assess the actual needs.)
- Canadian Muslim Teachers: Teacher from private Islamic school in Mississauga charged with sexual assault
- Patterned Domestic Abuse: Mohammed Shafia became a jailhouse religious tyrant after killing three daughters and wife: psychologist
- Marriage Fraud: Handling Marriage Fraud
- Muslim Policemen: Muslim Toronto Police chaplain’s views troubling
- Honour Killings: “Honour killings” on the rise in Canada: Expert
- Rape Culture Canada: Woman Kidnapped and Sexually Attacked by Five Muslim Men
- Unreliable Rulings and Misrepresentations by the Media: Media (Mis)Representations Muslim Women in the Canadian Nation (click on “Download this PDF file”)
- An unfair system that offers Gender Inequality: Canada’s Failure To Act: Women’s Inequality Deepens
- Change of language or context to offer misrepresentation through the media. “Rape culture” is just one example. Language and rape culture: Kayce Singletary & Alexis Stratton at TEDxColumbiaSC
- A strong expectation gap that is added on top of racism and biases and is also the reason behind more racism and biases
- Sickening comments issued by Canadian Muslim matchmakers to objectify and sexualize young women. For example, what is the size of her waist?; how long is her neck?; and, what is the colour of her complexion?
The major and more formal portion of this investigation started when a lawyer approached me with regards to the “Buddy System”. He said that he needed the women to do something about this because the men who aren’t victimizers may not know where these abused women are and how they have been kept. So I started talking to some Muslim women and girls and learned a couple of things that struck me as extremely peculiar. Sometimes, I am referring to the possibility that there must be similar cases out there of which I am not aware of by stating “some Muslim women” or “some Muslim men”. Behavior is usually taught and learned in a group setting, which is why I think that cases of domestic abuse that targets women are actually hinting to a much deeper norm where the majority is equally guilty as the minority. Below, I am going to show you how racism and inequality that exists within the the Canadian system and society is working together with the harmful attitudes that are offered by some Muslim families and men to silent the victims─its all a setup; and I know of some of these cases because either a very reliable source informed me or because I have been able to communicate with the victims.
- Some Muslim women are being raised inside houses where their men don’t listen to them and a lot of times they suffer due to “lack of cherishment”.
- Some influential Muslim women are less likely to get away with requests to get a woman hired than a man even if that request is made to an Imam.
- Some educated Muslim graduates are at the risk of being lied and blackmailed by their Muslim employers who are doing all this because others in their circles are leading this way.
- Inexperienced, young, and vulnerable Muslim women are being severely mistreated by false White friends─I know two such cases where two Muslim female professionals were being mocked and harassed by some White Canadians who befriended them for a year or more.
- Some Muslim women are not being paid reasonably for their efforts and work. I once met a female speaker who was running educational seminars in one of the Ottawa-based mosques. When I asked her how much she was earning, she said that she is not making anything at all. For some unknown reason, I felt that she was being brainwashed. I stared at her and wondered why she isn’t even given the minimum stipend for running such heavy classes every now and then. So I met another Muslim woman who was visiting the same mosque and felt scared when she said to me, “We Muslim women do not work for money, and we work for God. What I do for others is for God.” My jaw dropped open when I heard this from her─I mean, how are such women going to make any difference in this society where change means offering donations or exhibiting control. I feel that such women are participating in something very dangerous because they are busy removing the idea of “working in a paid capacity”, which is allowed in Islam, from the minds of younger women and girls, converts, and stressed women. Sure! it is a good idea to help out charities and masjids, but know that the administration of some of the masjids might be busy looting the offered resources one way or another. Should the Muslim women trust this conditioning and treatment any further?
- Some Muslim women who are married to filthy rich, educated, and vocal Canadian Muslim men are actually locked inside houses as their husbands neglect them and their children. While acting as a buddy, I have seen two such cases. I can’t reveal any of their personal information because of fear of victim blaming and because they are actually using social case workers and lawyers to get through.
- Canada’s legal system and perhaps the Canadian society as a whole expect “Hyper-Responsibility” from women, which is how they can forcibly criminalize some of the victims of abuse.
- Muslim women suffer from neglect and abuse when they come home after being rejected from job interviews. This is very common in Canada. We all know that jobs are necessary for adults to grow and present themselves as responsible members of the community and the household. Canada is very racist, and thus Canada’s Muslim women are underrepresented in many fields and platforms.
Therefore, I have sufficient reason to state that some Muslim men and women have been strategically brainwashing the Muslim women to ask for less, work for free, and complain less when they are in pain. I am sure some of these women are being gravely misused because their abusive partners or guardians (men and sometimes women) are busy running almost everything on their own. These guardians have heavy insurances, stable jobs, and investments; however, the female victims know only the most basic things like how to deposit money in the bank or how to deliver a rehearsed speech.
These abusive Muslim men and women are part of the double glass ceiling that Canada is offering to the Muslim women regardless of the level of authority the abusers are exercising in their community. I know so many women who do not visit the masajids (mosques) or stick around other Muslims because they do not wish to be involved in framing or be abused in any way. In some cases, this behavior is actually preventing the women from being caught inside a psychotic gang.
IF YOU FIND ANY MUSLIM WOMEN WHO ARE VICTIMS OF ABUSE, DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU WITHOUT GETTING WRITTEN PERMISSION WITH THE HELP OF A LAWYER BECAUSE SOMETIMES THE VICTIMS CAN GET FURTHER ABUSED OR EVEN KILLED THIS WAY. MAKE SURE TO REPORT TO THE CORRECT AUTHORITIES LIKE SOCIAL CASE WORKERS OR LAWYERS. YOU CAN ALSO TALK THE VICTIM INTO FILING A REPORT IF YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE HER CASE WITHOUT CAUSING FURTHER HARM. AND, KNOW THAT THERE ARE BOTH GOOD AND BAD PEOPLE AMONG “THOSE WHO HAVE AUTHORITY” AND “THOSE WHO DO NOT”. YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO IDENTIFY, REPORT, AND STOP FRAMERS IF YOU NEED TO DO THIS PROPERLY. STOP SCAPEGOATING OR VICTIM BLAMING THE WOMEN, WHICH IS VERY COMMON IN CANADA, IF YOU REALLY WANT THEM TO BE FUNCTIONAL MEMBERS OF THIS SOCIETY.
Copyright © by Arzoo Zaheer. All Rights Reserved.