I have often felt that something else has been watching over me. How the spirits of humans and animals that I have always wanted to be with get attached to me somehow is just one example of this. For instance, I once saw my friend’s cat 2 or 3 days before she actually visited me. But, prayers are beyond human gut feelings. My prayers are something else because sooner or later they grant me real results.
I think of prayer as a totem because it works like that although it isn’t a physical object and thus doesn’t fit the definition of a totem─but, then again our definitions of physical and mental spaces are very narrow because these are designed by analyzing only some available parameters. Prayers open the other dimensions like the spirit world and dreams. The things that I have achieved through prayers are very difficult to understand.
I am going to show you only six of my prayers:
- I was praying hard to be with a relative of mine who was here from overseas. That month, my college postponed its opening date. This is how I ended up meeting him.
- I prayed for a Prisoner of War (POW), Omar Khadr, because he was just a child who just happened to be in the wrong place. He was released later by the same authorities that brought him to trial. I prayed for him a lot because when I saw this kid’s picture, I somehow went inside the picture; and, I saw him sobbing about something. Really, he seemed like a creative and gifted person to me.
- While I was learning how to drive, I used to pray a lot. I made all sorts of mistakes until I found an instructor who showed me how to drive on narrow, large, and twisted streets. He was exceptional because he wouldn’t make me stick around inside one city of the Greater Toronto Area. Several years later, we ended up in Ottawa where the roads are designed just like the ones my last instructor had showed me. Every time I drive around in Ottawa, I think about him─I had a couple of bad driving instructors and only one of them was smart enough to help me pass. Whether we believe it or not, prayers have a very strong effect on this world including the dreamscape. One prayer that opens you up to your hidden self as well as the cosmos is “Rabbai Zidni Ilmin“, which means “God! Grant me more insight”. You should say this prayer a couple of times while praying or while lying down and activating your alpha state.
- I once had a fiancé─ we met in person only once and all the other meetings were completely online─who was a convert to Islam. I liked him because he loved learning and because he was trying to learn tough subjects like Time Travel and Physics on his own despite being Dyslexic. He was also learning Chess although he used to beat me in this game within seconds; his slightly different brain neurons let him do this. I was very much in love with him; but, I could not marry him because both of us were not fully satisfied with each other. Thus, I prayed for his safety rather desperately after we realized that we were not going to be married. He actually got married later and he also had a kid. Cool!
- A teacher once emotionally abused me while I was studying in a particular college. I left the college but I prayed against her. Some months later, I received an email from a friend of mine. To my surprise, he told me that this teacher has left her position but he does not know exactly why.
- I was supposed to marry this Pakistani guy whom I kind of liked but only as a friend. I got engaged to him despite being very reluctant about all of this. Then, our entire family left for Canada. Some years afterwards, they called and asked me to come back to be wed. Now the thing is that I wasn’t attracted to him as a woman; and, I had already spent lots of time connecting with people and studying in Canada. So when they asked me to come back, I said NO. And, I did some drama so my parents realized that this was not going to work out at all. Thus, my first engagement broke. I have always prayed for my safety, which is how God keeps saving me even when a disaster strikes. Thank God!
- I started writing poetry after I issued some prayers. This is a very significant event in my life since I am not well-educated in poetry. I know only whatever I have learned in high school and then through one university course. That is all I really know!
And, there are some more such prayers.
Saying all this, I know that not all my prayers yield results in this dimension but then again there are other dimensions where they work better.
Copyright © by Arzoo Zaheer. All Rights Reserved.