A lot of Canadians have an odd attitude where they justify and explain things only to benefit themselvess—this holds true for workplaces and private lives. Here are some very odd things that I have heard or observed while living in Canada:
1) Friends who tell the victims that they are their close friends and mean her/him well; but, they do not even call to check on them, not even after three or four years have passed. Know what is a true friend.
2) Some White people cannot relate well to colored people. When you talk to them about something, they sound really off and uneducated. They think they can just scream about things and get away with it. They even work like this! It is scary to see them living in their own world especially when the Internet is booming with complaints from the colored Canadian. Maybe, these kind of White people are self-righteous.
3) Rapists who think they have not done anything wrong; and, their victims who consent due to Stockholm Syndrome. 2/3 Canadians do not know what sexual consent means. So if you hear a Canadian man saying ill things about some women, then check his brain and behavior thoroughly. He might just be a rapist or a strong woman abuser. Their deep narcissistic nature helps them shun the victims and everyone else further by lying and complaining.
4) Sex Trafficking (lethal sex predators who can double personalities work with younger people and even the disabled in the offices) and trafficking of people through a Glass Ceiling and Workplace violence is a norm. This is worst in some cities and not so obvious in other cities.
5) There is a food crisis going on for years. I heard about this around 10 years ago from a friend. Here is a complaint by Olivier De Schutter who is UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food.
…it is hard to understand how 800,000 households are food insecure in a country as prosperous as Canada…Source “UN report bolsters Canada’s right to food movement” by Food Secure Canada.
The above-mentioned report was from 2012 and here is another one from 2015. Read “Going hungry: Why millions of Canadians can’t afford healthy food“. The later report states that more than a million Canadians live without healthy food.
6) Social Security pays really less and they expect you to pay your rent, grocery, and all the etceteras with $500 or so. But the reality is that it takes around $2000 per month to live decently in Canada. (The system has been updated, I have heard. But, I am sure the money is still less than what one actually needs to survive and live properly; i.e. be considered a functional human being.)
There are more and more things about Canada that don’t make any sense. Canada is number 24 on the list provided in article “The 30 richest countries in the world”. One of my ex-finances, the one who is from Belgium, got married a long while ago—he must be fully settled now (wealthier than before). He was learning how to open his own business in Belgium; and, he told me that education is almost free in Belgium. He said that this is why it would be easier for me to study in Belgium and open my own business just like him. (I was younger and inexperienced back then. And, I felt that it was not going to work out with him so I did not leave for Belgium.) Today, I am looking at this list and it states that Belgium is number 25 on the list. This means it’s a bit poorer than Canada, which is known to lock students in a cycle of student debt (OSAP) and offer a very hard-core expectation gap.
“What’s Next?” does not work in Canada because Canadian government is locking funds away from people and creating an exceptionally wide Rich-Poor Gap.
I landed in Canada in 1997 so all of the stuff that I have described above is coming from experience or by listening to other fellow Canadians. Canada is one of the most wronged country in the world!
Copyright © by Arzoo Zaheer. All Rights Reserved.