So far, I have two works rolling at the same time. Here is an update for all my loving fans.
- The first book, “Intertwined” is almost complete. I have a first draft so far; and, I am in the process of completing the transcription of several important audios.
- For the first book, I am in the process of talking to animators and artists. I am collecting quotes so far.
- There will be crowdfunding campaign soon for the first book, “Intertwined“. I will be introducing this campaign through emails or by appearing at the stage.
- The second book, “She: The Mirror” is just a first draft. Several audios need to be transcribed. Then, phase two “Integrating Research” will begin.
- An outreach campaign for this website and my work has started. So far, I am reaching out to select key figures; and, later this campaign will become more generic in nature.
My best tips for successfully finishing larger works are as follows:
- Complete everything in small steps
- Give yourself enough time to finish the rest of your important tasks like studies
- Become a workforce and not just a writer
- Have multiple backups on all works so that you may not lose anything
- Follow the Eisenhower Matrix to prioritize tasks; it lets you focus on 20% of tasks that create 80% of the results.
- Say no to certain things. I said no to reciting poetry on stage for some years during which I completed this website and my first book. I had to remove this distraction because hanging around with people makes me focus way differently than when I am dreaming.
- Use alarms to segment your time.
- Learn sales techniques. You will be selling your novel and not just depending on a sales team. I have spent some months learning how to sell.
- Spend some time listening to music, watching movies, walking, exercising, or doing whatever you like.
- Stay organized. I have 13 really large folders with my written work; 1 19-pocket case file to keep the most critical documents; 6 boxes to hold some other critical content; 2 shelves to carry the documents that I am currently reading; 2 large bags to carry the books that I will be reading currently; and, 2 libraries to carry the rest of my books.
- Take a small course as you complete your work. Self-paced courses can easily fit into your daily brainstorming and writing routine. Alternatively, you can just pull articles from the web and read them. You will notice that there will be a point where you will feel compelled to take one or more courses.
- Know and understand your past. Your past will dictate everything you will have in the future. My past included praying to God to be able to write; walking with two of my best professors; performing poetry on stage; receiving mentorship by my favourite Canadian poet; and, receiving a review from a well-known American writer and poet.
- Get back in the game after failing on any portion of this tedious and lengthy task. According to article, “15 Songs That Capture The Spirit Of Being An ENFP“, the song that represent ENFP attitude after failure is “Chumbawamba – Tubthumping“.
- Daydream or dream every now and then about what things are going to be like when you finally win. My dream is that I am building a special place for my fans and some of most loved people. I sleep like a baby on this thought!
Copyright © by Arzoo Zaheer. All Rights Reserved.