I am extremely excited today because I have acknowledged something massive! You must have read a lot of stuff on this blog about how I have been abused in the past—I have gone through significant domestic, workplace, and sexual abuse. You must have also learned that I am an ENFP Empath, which are two other reasons behind this abuse besides my gender and color of skin.
There have been a point in my life when I blamed myself for sharing this information on the web. However, I felt that I had no choice because as an ENFP Empath I feel that sharing is critical for healing; besides I know that abusers get scared when they see someone sharing in an open environment. So there are times when I used to feel a little bad about myself because I chose to share things online and by doing so I allowed others see that I am vulnerable. But, now I have a very clear answer about what really is going on that is provided to me by a researcher and speaker named Brené Brown.
Her research indicates the following:
- Vulnerability is the source of joy, love, belonging, creativity, and sense of worthiness
- Compassion, empathy, and vulnerability work well if one has defined boundaries—this blog is a type of boundary.
- The most accurate measure of courage is vulnerability.
- Vulnerability is the source of creativity, innovation, and change.
- Being wholehearted means having courage, compassion, connection, and vulnerability.
- A breakdown is actually a spiritual awakening.
Here are some videos by Brené Brown that I encourage you to watch.
I cannot believe this! I kind of sleepwalked to an answer. I have done this “sleepwalking” before like when I got into the research study and learned about my higher levels of Stereodepth Vision. All this is kind of super-cool!
Copyright © by Arzoo Zaheer. All Rights Reserved.