COVID-19 outbreak is causing fear among people; and, I think that given the fast pace of our society, most of us don’t know what fear really means and how to properly manage it. Fear occurs when you are faced with uncertainty. It can be pointing to a fact or it may not be pointing to a reality. Either way fear provides valuable information. There are many ways of coping with your fear. Here are some helpful tips:
- Alter your perception of your fear since fear is something that can be changed into a strength.
- Nail evidence if facts are causing fear and react to manage. If facts are not causing fear, then meditate on the present moments in order to reconnect with reality.
- Ground yourself by using a variety of methods such as finishing a large project in smaller chunks or throwing a dance party in your room.
- Be grateful of what you have. Create a Gratitude List. Read article, “How to Make a Gratitude List“.
- Repeat mantras that interest you. There are all sorts of mantras out there such as mantras for fear, depression, stress, anxiety, and mindset.
- Prevent overwhelming thoughts by using coping strategies like postponing unnecessary things, meditating, and leaning on friends. See article, “10 Ways to Stop Feeling Overworked and Overwhelmed“.
As you learn how to manage your fear, learn to pace yourself properly. Do not try to perform a lot of these strategies because this way your attempts will be ineffective in nature. Just go slow and modify your usual work routine with methods that actually attract your attention.
Copyright © by Arzoo Zaheer. All Rights Reserved.